In these days of global warming, aware and conscious people start converting to the best solar battery. As renewable energy like fossil fuel is harmful to the climate and will disappear soon, it’s high time to find other renewable energy sources.
Comparably, solar energy is easier to use than wind energy, water current, or other renewable energy. This is available anywhere, easy to set up, and easy to store. The main concept of using solar energy is to collect power from sunshine by a solar panel and store them in a solar battery. Only a delightful quality solar battery can ensure you a frequent and risk-free flow of electricity.
Best Solar Batteries Review In Details
Though there are many solar batteries available in the market, it’s hard to find a good one. Therefore, as usual, solar batteries can be get damaged after some use, and they can make great hamper and trouble to your total (from panel to circuits) electrical system.
So, to find a better one for use, it is necessary to know some information about the best solar batteries available in the market. Here, we have chosen 5- batteries from different brands focusing on your desire, and now we are going to write a review on them. After reading this review, we hope this article will help you to find the best one for you.
List of the 5 solar batteries with the products name
- Vmaxtanks VMAXSLR125 AGM 12V 125Ah SLA Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery.
- Renogy Deep Cycle Hybrid Gel 12 Volt 100Ah Battery.
- Interstate Batteries 12V 110 Ah SLA / AGM Deep Cycle Battery
- Universal Power Group 12V 100Ah Solar Wind AGM SLA DEEP Cycle VRLA Battery.
- Mighty Max Battery 12V 100AH Battery for Solar Wind DEEP Cycle
1. Vmaxtanks VMAXSLR125 AGM Solar Battery Review
If you think of a heavy-duty battery with extreme longevity, Vmaxtanks VMAXSLR125 AGM Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery will be a perfect choice for you. This is a 12V 125AH group 31 AGM military-grade battery with a 20hr capacity. It comes with a smart microprocessor system that offers control over the charging option fully.
Moreover, the design of this battery makes it shock-resistant also. From snow to rain or sea to land, this battery can work in every type of condition.
However, this battery has a long lifespan of 8 to 10 years in float mode. It offers a very fast charging facility compared to other batteries in the market. Besides, a 12 months warranty also comes with this solar battery. Overall, Vmaxtanks is one of the best solar batteries, indeed.
- It provides long durability with a good power rating.
- It is Free of roaming fluid.
- It offers a very low discharge rate with no maintenance needs.
- It offers a fast charging experience.
- No risk of facing any dangerous fume or gas leakage.
Today’s Price on Amazon!
- This battery has a short time of warranty.
- Power cables are not included in the package.
2. Renogy Deep Cycle Hybrid Gel Volt Solar Battery Review
Renogy deep cycle 12 volt 100 Ah battery comes with modern gel hybrid technology and advanced valve regulated technology. It offers an acid leakage-free experience and a low maintenance facility to its users.
Besides, the self-discharge rate of this battery is very low; it’s only about 3% per month. Also, in the case of the maximum 30A charge current, the maximum discharge current of this battery is 1000A. Besides, the Proprietary plate composition and patented gel electrolyte provide a delight restore capability after deep discharge.
Moreover, this solar battery can perform more than 750 charges or discharge cycles, which is about 12 years yet. It is also an excellent choice to get a tension-free frequent electric supply indeed. However, a 3-year material warranty is also available with this solar battery. Thus, it’s an excellent choice for both house and mobile electricity as well.
- It’s quite lightweight and Longley durable.
- It can perform an Extreme Power Rating.
- Leak-Proof design with better safety.
- Advance Hybrid Gel Technology with Low discharge rate.
- 3-years material warranty.
Today’s Price on Amazon!
- It takes a long time to get charged.
3. Interstate Solar Battery Review
This solar battery comes with AGM technology and valve-regulated technology that offers a maintenance-free and spill-proof experience to its users. It has a universal fitting ability with a 110AH battery application that can provide 12V of electricity.
For being an SLA (Sealed Lead-Acid) grade battery, this AGM Deep Cycle marine battery has no risk of acid leakage. And so, you can use this battery in a wheelchair or scooter as well.
Overall, this battery can be a good choice for you for both home and mobile uses. Its VRLA technology ensures a full spill-proof facility indeed.
- It offers a universal fit.
- SLA and AGM ensure Spill and leakage-proof ability.
- No need for hard maintenance for this battery.
- Best suited for both mobile and home uses.
- It features valve-regulated technology.
Today’s Price on Amazon!
- This battery is quite heavy.
4. Universal Power Group Solar Battery Review
Universal Power Group Solar Wind DEEP Cycle VRLA Battery is an SLA (Sealed Lead-Acid) grade AMG battery with 12V and 100Ah power saving capacity.
This battery is from Universal Power Group, one of the best solar batteries available in the market. It can regulate voltage about 13.6V to 13.8V in standby uses and can perform about 14.5V to 14.9V in cycle use. Besides, it can provide an initial current of 15A in standby use and 30A in cycle use.
However, the Advanced AGM technology and SLA technology ensure the spill and leakage proof of this battery. Besides, this battery is also able to resist shock and vibration very well.
In fact, you can mount it at any position you need. Lastly, you will also have a year’s warranty with this deep cycle battery.
- It’s Shock and Vibration resistant.
- It provides a good power rating.
- It offers Spill-proof performance.
- It’s a heavy-duty battery.
- It can be mounted at any position.
Today’s Price on Amazon!
- This is quite a heavy-weighted battery.
5. Mighty Max Solar Battery Review
Mighty Max is an advanced SLA (sealed lead acid) 12V 1000AH deep cycle battery. It can perform 14.5V to 14.9V in cycle use and 13.6V to 13.8V in standby use.
Besides, the SLA and AGM (Abstract Glass Mat) technology of this battery makes it spill-proof and leakage resistant indeed. Again, this battery is also vibration and shock-resistant, and you can easily mount it in the way you need.
Moreover, it’s a maintenance-free battery. So, you don’t need to water it regularly. The self-discharge rate of this battery is also very poor yet. Furthermore, you will have a one-year warranty for this battery with 30 days refund policy. Also, it is quite a lightweight battery, as well.
- This battery has a poor self-discharge rate.
- It can keep a charge for a long.
- AGM and SLA ensure leak and spill-proof ability.
- Can resist shock and vibration.
- You can mount it in any position.
- You won’t get wires and cables with the package.
Buying Guide for Best Solar Battery
There are many solar batteries, where some of which provide high voltage, or some provide low. Again, there are various kinds of materials used in batteries. So, you will get a material-based difference among them.
Therefore, some are made with Lithium-ion, some are lead-acid made, and some are lead-carbon made. And so, you need to know about some basic types of features that you want to have in your battery. Try to ensure these following features with their qualities to have a long time service from your solar battery.
Type of Solar batteries
Mainly, 3- types of solar batteries are most common in the market. They are:
- Lithium-ion Battery: According to experts, Lithium-ion Batteries are the best for solar energy. They are lighter than other lard-acid batteries. Even the life span of Lithium-ion batteries is longer than others. The price of a Lithium-ion Battery is more than a lead-acid battery. They can perform for about 10- years. They can be discharged overall 80% to 90% of their overall capacity.
- Lead-acid battery: Lead-acid batteries are the most used type of battery. The simple technology and affordable price have made them the unbeatable battery in the market. But they are enough heavy and bulky. The recycling of this battery is quite easy than the Lithium-ion Batteries. Lead-acid batteries are easy to use, cheap in price, and can perform a delightful quality.
- Saltwater battery: It’s a modern and newcomer battery in the solar battery market. The main advantage of them is, they don’t use heavy metal. So, they can be easily recycled. It’s one of the most eco-friendly batteries.
The capacity of solar system batteries
You need to get a clear idea about the power capacity of your battery. Capacity is a term to know that how much electricity a battery can store. Capacity is measured in kilowatt-hours.
A big battery doesn’t mean that it has a great capacity. Sometimes, a smaller one has more capacity than a bigger one. So, you need to focus on the high capacity of a battery.
The power rating of solar batteries
Power rating is also a term to understand the ability of a battery. It shows the amount of electricity a battery can provide. So a battery with high capacity but a low power rating can ensure low electricity for a long time.
On the other hand, a battery with low capacity and high power rating can quickly provide high voltage. The best solar batteries can ensure you the best capacity with a perfect power rating.
The solar battery longevity
The work method of solar batteries is quite like normal batteries. It makes its storage full and starts working. After losing some charge, it starts to collect power again. It’s called the “battery cycle”. When your battery is new, it can perform the best cycle.
But after some heavy cycles, a battery can get weak. It will start to make some problems like slow charging, less charging, low voltage. But a battery with a good warranty can provide the best experience.
FAQs About Solar Batteries
How long can a solar battery last?
Answer: It depends on use and maintenance. It also depends on brands. Best solar battery brands can ensure you last up to 10 years. But normal batteries cannot perform as well as they say.
Some batteries are maintenance-free, and some need to be maintained. But regular check-ups can make your battery’s life span longer. Batteries use a cycle, charge, and discharge. They can perform their best in several cycles. Some manufacturers say that their batteries can last 30 years. But most of the time, it lasts about 5 to 15 years. It varies for quality.
How can I make my solar batteries more durable?
Answer: If you want to make your solar batteries more durable, you need to maintain some rules. First of all, don’t discharge your battery completely. It reduces the life span of your battery.
Try to recharge after 50% of your use. And don’t leave them uncharged for a long time. If you need to water them, use distilled water only. The proper charge can make your battery more durable. So try to charge them properly.
How to maintain solar batteries?
Answer: Solar batteries are not so hard to maintain. Now there are a lot of brands making maintenance-free batteries. You don’t need to maintain them at all.
But if you have a battery that needs maintenance, you need to check the fluid level and charge level regularly. You need to charge them when the charge is low and water them when the fluid level is low.
In the days of global warming and climate change, we all need to start converting to renewable energy. Solar energy is available, cost-friendly, and easy to maintenance.
Again, batteries are most important in a solar power system. A heavy-duty battery can ensure you a super electrical performance. But if you have a normal battery, it can suffer a lot. So, it is very important to ensure a good battery for your solar power system.
Best solar batteries ensure maintenance-free, spill, and leakage-free, frequent power supply batteries for your solar power system. They are affordable in price and the best in their quality. So, you don’t need to depend on the grid line to get a better electrical supply if you have a solar power system.
Even you can run all of your home appliances on solar power. So, don’t wait; it’s high time to adopt solar energy to save the world with renewable energy.